Sunday 6 March 2016

Press Club performance- Community on Solid Ground

No matter where I go and whatever platform I'm invited to, my heart will always reside here; within my local community. The area where I grew up, amongst the people who are stitched into my memory. I love, how many of us who live here, are now able to contribute something back.
Sadly, when we were growing up, there were no opportunities like this, and hence I suppose why doing any work here will always be close to my heart.
Having watched many of the children over the years become young adults, and seeing the great things they have gone on to achieve after being involved in Community on Solid Ground, it excites me thinking about what each and every one of these children's potential is. The difference and contribution they will make to the world.
This was only one of their many projects. The Girls Press Club focussed on creative writing. To hear their poems, view many of their creative projects, and having the pleasure of working with them, has been an absolute privilege.
Yesterday was their celebration event at the end of the project where I was invited to perform for them and their parents. I hope to see this work continue in the near future as the impact has been huge. These young women inspire me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment