Wednesday 8 March 2017

3 years ago today

Can't believe it was three years ago today I had my first book launch and signing. It was important for me to launch it on International Women's Day purely as a reminder that after hardship comes ease, that there is light after darkness, that even when we feel we are not good enough or tell ourselves we are not worthy or capable things can dramatically change leaving you in awe and believing that there is a greater One who watches over you always.

What once was just an idea swimming in my mind, becoming a simple story thrashed out one sunny afternoon which then grew into something so beautiful; never did I think it would happen. It did and I still find it difficult to comprehend. I'm just grateful for my journey so far; even the rough and arduous parts as it's those which have made me who I am.
In the words of Imam Shafi
“My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and that what misses me was never meant for me.”






pictures © Aisha Mirza March 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment